Pages

09 July 2008

{crepes for dessert}

"I have a sweet tooth." My husband said to me last night. "You do???" I replied. This is not a common phrase that comes out of his mouth. If anything, I'm craving the sweets and he's craving anything to do with a cow. Ok, so I'm exaggerating a bit. But, either way, that little phrase was delightful to my ears. THEN...he said, "You know what sounds good? Crepes." For those of you who know me, that made my heart pitter-patter. I love to bake. And I love all things French. But, since being married, how can I justify baking for someone who doesn't prefer sweets. It all just goes to waste...or I consume it. (Not what I prefer.) Hmm.

But, he said it! It came out of his mouth. Now, my "crepe experience" has revovled around a french kitchen. Keep it light. Sprinkle on vanilla sugar. If in the mood, lather on nutella. Yummy. As I was preparing mine, however, I was asked, "is that a crepe"? Or rather, "is that a french crepe?" "What do you mean?" I said. Apparently my husband can only remember "restaurant crepes"...."american restaurant crepes". Oh! I get it. Poor on the sweets...like a pancake! He said, "you know, powdered sugar, whip cream, berries..." So, I made a berry sauce and made fresh whip cream (yes, I even got out the confectioner's sugar). This, this made him smile. Now, don't get me wrong, perhaps some French put on the works, but I personally haven't wittnesed crepes being "dressed" to the extreme of american pancakes. But it did look amazing (if you had a sweet tooth and all). my husbands dessert...



my dessert...

After tasting both, I was happy with my choice. The sweet yet slightly tangy fresh raspberries added the perfect compliment to the sweet crepe. (And yes...I had to pull out the dishes dedicated to France (stamped with a fleur de lis)! The perfect backdrop to this delightful french creation.)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin