Pages

01 August 2008

{weekend get-away}

My family has always vacationed on the Oregon Coast. It has become one of my most favorite places to visit, not only because of the fond memories surrounding the familiar place, but because the beaches are strikingly gorgeous, the quaint towns, though filled with tourists, offer a variety of activities and nothing is more delightful than a bonfire at the beach on a brisk evening. I can see us now, wind-whipped hair, shorts, sweatshirts, sandy feet and a fire blazing away.





This weekend my husband and I will be driving down for a weekend get-away! Whoo-hoo! We'll be meeting up with my parents, brother and his gf, and my sisters. It'll not only be fun just to see them all, but we'll also be celebrating my mom's 50th! It couldn't be in a more fitting place!

HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!

(I found the pics on a quick search at various destinations. I'll be sure to bring my camera and take lots of my own pics for an update on the weekend!)

2 comments:

Tracy Wilde said...

how fun! have a great time with your fam! is this your first vacay as mrs. murphy?!?! take lots of pics and blog about all the happenings!

Kevin said...

Reminds me of the Karate Kid - sandy beach, soccer, juggling a ball, a-hole dirt bike gang - good, sentimental memories for me too.

'Sweep the leg Johnny!'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin