Pages

22 August 2008

{bowl of flavor}


Still cracking down on all of the recipes I have...this was my latest ::And, let me say...this was one of my most favorite dinner experiements!  Well, it wasn't too much of an experiement, as I stayed {pretty} close to the original recipe.  Let me tell you :: this is definitely a bowl full of flavor!  As I'm continuing trying out all the hundreds of recipe's I have collected...I thought this would be a good place to start back up!  I got the recipe from Robin Miller {well, no, not personally of course!}.

{Honey-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Soba Noodles}  12 ounces soba noodles 1 jalapeno, seeds removed 1/3 cup honey 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 2 to 3 tablespoons water 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 /2 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced 3 tablespoons soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced  }Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside (or refrigerate until later in the week).  }In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved.  }Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.  }In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger. Toss and then transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles.  This was very yummy!  I will definitely be making it again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin