Pages

27 August 2008

{rosemary potatoes}


I'm a sucker for side dishes, roasting things, fresh herbs, and quick yet flavorful success in the kitchen. This week I made the perfect side for me :: roasted potatoes w/ fresh rosemary. Yes, I do realize that this is extremely simple. BUT, don't diss the simple. The flavor was perfect, the recipe was fast and ultimately the dish was entirely satisfying.






I love new potatoes, red potatoes, yukon potatoes and now russet potatoes. Though this dish could be made with your favorite :: I had russet on hand, so used up those. After cutting and then boiling for about 10 minutes to soften, I tossed them in some Olive Oil, arranged them on a cookie sheet and sprinkled them with fresh rosemary. Into the oven they went {400 degrees}. Baked them for about 10 minutes, turned and then continued about another 10-15 minutes.



This side could match well with several different main course ideas. Have fun with the everyday ordinary :: add some fresh rosemary {or your other favorite herb}!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin